We’ve already established that “Mean Girls” is one of the greatest films ever created, but aside from that, it is also a very inspirational film — it taught us valuable life lessons, like how we can’t just make fetch happen. Here are some “Mean Girls” inspired codes.
1. “You can’t sit with us.”
This taught us that being on top of our fashion game is a must! Friends don’t let friends wear yoga pants more than once a week- that just wouldn’t be right. Either make a fashion statement or you’ll spend the rest of your breaks sitting alone (with your ugly clothes).It’s better to be hurt by the truth than comforted by a lie.
2. “Don’t have sex, because you will get pregnant and die! Don’t have sex in the missionary position, don’t have sex standing up, just don’t do it, OK, promise? OK, now everybody take some rubbers.”
Need I say more? Self-explanatory. Ladies, just don’t have sex — you’ll die, or even worse, you might end up on “Teen Mom.”
3. ” She doesn’t even go here!” (Damian referring to a girl desperately trying to fit in).
Stop trying fit in! If you don’t mesh with a certain crowd, don’t force it. You can’t pretend to be part of a group — you will not be happy, and most people probably won’t like you or care for you anyways.
4. “Alyssa, I’m sorry I called you a gap-toothed bitch. It’s not your fault you’re so gap-toothed.”
Name-calling shouldn’t be a thing. People can’t help it if they’re ugly.
5. “That is the ugliest effing skirt I’ve ever seen.”
It does not break girl code to dress like a slut on Halloween. It is the only time of the year we get to spend hours on a costume that has minimal coverage. Please don’t show up as a zombie-bride like Cady.
7. “I know it may look like I was being like a bitch, but that’s only because I was acting like a bitch.”
“Mean Girls” code to being a bitch? Only act like one, don’t actually be one. Nobody likes a real bitch.
8. “Somebody wrote in that book that I’m lying about being a virgin because I use super jumbo tampons, but I can’t help it if I’ve got a heavy flow and a wide set vagina!”
Tmi (too much information) ladies. Somethings are better left unsaid. No one cares about your menstrual cycle or your sex life!
9. “Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that’s not good.”
Don’t be infamous! If you want attention, do something that’s worth noticing.
10. “Ex-boyfriends are just off limits to friends. I mean, that’s just like the rules of feminism.”
This is probably the most important quote turned code when dealing with boys. Chicks over dicks is the way to live. Don’t jeopardize a good friendship for a short-term relationship.
Abide by these codes and your life will be perfect. Thanks “Mean Girls” for making me a better woman.” #GirlCode