April marks the 10-year anniversary of “Mean Girls,” so I thought it would be the perfect time to remember why, until this day, this movie is still so fetch. Here are the top 10 reasons why we love Regina George and her posse:
1. The relatable quotes.
I mean, tell me one girl who doesn’t think these quotes are totally amazing? They help define everyday life and make everything so much simpler to understand.
“The weird thing about hanging out with Regina was that I could hate her, and at the same time, I still wanted her to like me.” — Cady
Whether we want to admit it or not, we have all had or have at least one person whose approval we wanted even though we detested them with all our guts! It might have been because we envied one of their qualities or just because we wanted to be better than them, either way, we went/go out of our way to seek for their approval. Sad reality.
2. They pretty much made Jingle Bell Rock famous.
Who (guys and girls) wouldn’t want to see four beautiful girls, wearing sexy Santa suits, dancing on stage to this song? It brings out the Christmas spirit in all of us.
3. We got to witness Lindsay Lohan be successful before…well we all know what happened after that. On screen mean girl gone bad in real life. Its okay Lindsay, we’re still rooting for you (please make a “Mean Girls” reunion).
5. It taught all young women about real-life girl codes — you just can’t date your friend’s ex-boyfriends, they are off limits.
6. It gave us an insight into what high school really is: a chaotic jungle! I’m sure most teens can agree with this statement.
7. Fun, clean humor. Being able to captivate an audience and make them laugh without including any nudity or foul language always wins on my book because it is difficult to accomplish that in modern-day life.
8. Tina Fey, Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams, Amanda Seyfried and the rest of the cast did a phenomenal job at staying true to their role. Lindsay even went on to carry that role in her everyday life (sorry Lindsay, it’s all fun and games).
9. Mean Girls helped young women with dating advice, especially when it came to boys. Ladies, please don’t throw up on your date (literally). And always remember, school over friends and boys.
10. Most importantly, Mean Girls was very educational. We learned that there are also white people in Africa, and we learned not to have sex because we will die, even if we are just half virgins.
If you still can’t get enough of Mean Girls, click here.